July 5, 2012

Chinese Barbecued Pork

Chinese barbecued pork was one of my favorite special dinners my mom would make when I was growing up. I remember always trying to sneak some before dinner and especially after, (if there was any left) from the refrigerator. We visited my parents a few weeks ago and my mom surprised us by making this recipe before we even arrived- bringing back many happy memories. It is both flavorful and tender, delicious on its own as an appetizer, or as part of a Chinese meal.

 Chinese Barbecued Pork from Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook
Ingredients:
2 whole pork tenderloins (about 12oz. each)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS honey
2 tsp. red food coloring, if desired (we always use it)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 green onion, cut in half

Directions:
1. Remove and discard fat from meat.
2. Combine soy sauce, sugar, honey, food coloring, cinnamon, garlic and onion in a large bowl or ziploc bag. Add pork, turning tenderloins to coat completely. Cover or seal and let stand at room temperature 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator (I would refrigerate overnight), turning occasionally. 
3. Drain pork, reserving marinade. Place pork on wire rack over a baking pan. 
4. Bake in preheated 350° until done, about 45 minutes. Turn and baste frequently with reserved marinade during baking.
5. Remove pork from oven and let cool. Can be cooled completely and refrigerated. Cut into diagonal slices. Serve warm or cold.

3 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe because when I moved to Arizona I couldn't find an Asian restaurant that served cold barbeque pork. This recipe was easy to follow and satisfied my craving! I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe was easy to follow and satisfied my craving! I recommend it!
    Vietnamese Food Restaurant

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...