January 30, 2013

Lime Marinated Broiled Salmon

Dr. C and I decided that this year we are going to incorporate more seafood into our diet.  While I love to eat seafood and often choose seafood dishes at restaurants, cooking it myself is relatively new to me.

Don't get me wrong, I've cooked it before, I'm just not as familiar with seafood as I am with beef or chicken or pork.

To make sure that what I cook for my family is edible, I've been trying out salmon (a very forgiving fish) under the broiler. This way even with a new recipe dinner is quick, easy, and tasty despite my deficiencies in seafood cooking.  And once I get my sea-legs, I'll venture out to other seafoods.

Last night we tried out Lime Marinated Broiled Salmon, a quick, easy, healthy, delicious dish.  We served it with roasted red potatoes and steamed vegetables.  It would also be yummy with wild rice or rice pilaf and a fresh garden salad.




Lime Marinated Broiled Salmon
Slightly adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients:
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (I did a little more--I used all the juice from 2 limes)
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves, chopped
4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
cooking spray
lime wedges

Directions:
1. Place soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, thyme, and garlic in a blender, blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.  Add salmon.  Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.  Turn bag occasionally.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Remove salmon from bag, discard marinade.
5. Place salmon on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. (I put mine on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking liner)
6. Broil 8 minutes.  Turn, and broil an additional 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
7. Serve with lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...